Tuesday, June 10, 2008

sky flashing

My room is unbelievably sticky. We have awesome air conditioning and yet my room, of all the rooms in the condo, and me being the only one who is hot - is simply NOT cold.

It is aggravating to say the least.

The thunderstorms that we were warned about for friggin' days finally descended upon us. I officially distrust the weather network in all my being. They had made this past weekend absolutely hell to plan for - not least of all these first few work days.

I think I'm sick. I'm not sure with what yet. It started with sneezing - which went away - then an itchy throat - which went away - and now extreme lethargy - which is not going away. Though that may be much more highly attuned to the fact that I am not excited about anything right now.

I'm not even excited about Europe - because all the excitement has turned to worry that we don't have enough time to get ready or have enough money to pay for both the trip and the rent that needs to be covered at the exact same time.

It prolly would have been smart to find someone to sort of sub-let for the time we're gone - but that requires time, effort and work that I don't even want to pretend I have, let alone truly find in order to pull it off.

Thought jump... number eleven million as I look back at the rest of this post - but anywho - I am officially hating stuck-up academics - though that's not particularly true. I'm actually hating one specific academic who doesn't realize that they are way out of the loop - and out of academia. I fully appreciate the awesomeness that is our friend Mandy who is not only way, way, way, way farther in academic pursuit than this particular person - but has also managed to remain an awesome human being during it all.

Somewhere along the way someone lied to this other person way too much and they have no clue that pretty much 99% of the world does not care about how high their education is - because it still doesn't make them any better a person. You are not a great person. In fact - most times - you can be fairly, absolutely, crazy.

I at least can admit that I'm crazy - and I most definitely do not shove my education in anyone's face at the same time. If only because most of it was achieved in a cloudy haze of crap, and so far it hasn't proved to be worth a damn thing in life and I'm still doing okay.

Yeah - this was a shit post - but so be it. It has been one hell of a shit day.

No comments: