Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Gah! Weight #1: Kicking in some incentive the DS way….


So I thoroughly admit the only time I bother doing anything “real” is when I don’t plan it, don’t anticipate it and just jump right in and do it, so yesterday – I took one angle I’d been looking at for addressing my effort towards my weight.

As I walked to work, I went right by the new EB Games in the Sheppard Centre, walked right up to the DS counter and picked up Ubisoft’s My Weight Loss Coach. Do I think following this thing is magically going to make me do all the things I know I should be doing but haven’t been doing. No. But it is going to help me begin to change my attitude towards getting up and making changing myself more fun than a chore – especially now that it’s been a year since understanding my cyst/hormonal/ovarian problems, and working in the whole hormonal control pills.

My biggest problem with weight loss is not being able to just follow my own plan – I seriously need to be given guidelines and instructions to follow that I can then lean on as my “barrier” to doing anything else. I figure if I can follow the simple instructions of a program like this, then it’s more likely that I’d be able to follow more stringent and EXPENSIVE instructions of something like Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. I know that I eventually need some sort of program like that – but my financial situation simply does not allow for the consideration at this point.
Anywho – I started working with the DS program and the included pedometer today and it’s already much more fun than listening to someone berate me about how I look or how seriously unhealthy I am. I’ve even clocked over 3000 steps so far.

I’m not going to blog about this every day, but I figured incentive number two to keep going and NOT embarrass myself is to also coordinate some of my stats every little while on here as well as the DS so I can see how it’s going and whether things are actually panning out.
So – with much strength and realization that this makes it all very REAL – here are today’s stats:

Weight: 230 lbs.
BMI: 40
Size: 18 to 20-top, 20 to 22-bottom

According to the program – my goal for the month is a loss of 5 pounds, so 1 pound per week. Fairly normal, respectable expectation, however, I’ve said that for months trying fifty million other things so we’ll see how it all works out.

No comments: