Sunday, April 13, 2008

To layout, or not?

My first thoughts on this new space was definitely layout, because one of the pie pieces of my future self is going to involve magazine layout very heavily.

However - what I am currently realizing is that such a venture requires time that I do not have. Instead - I've taken the simplest template and highlighted. Not even really tweaked or customized. Perhaps in awhile I will create my own banner, but for now I'm content.

I'll be honest - my belief in my art, work, loves has been severely tested this last little while - but I then realized that it was being tested on the likes and dislikes of two particular people - and the magnitude of that has finally hit me.

The power people feign to hold is so unreal, and is only given to them by those that believe in it. So instead of dwelling on their dislike of what I do, I simply will remove that ability from them by not giving them anymore. I will save it for those that really want or need it, and save it for myself as it makes me happy - and I refuse to let someone tarnish that what makes me happy. There's so few things that do make me happy anymore in life that I can't afford to let other people mess with them.

No comments: