Monday, April 21, 2008

Something Learned

I watched something amazing happen this weekend and I was ithcing to share it with A.V. but she's in Cuba!

My father changed.

The whole situation with my Nan has been trying to say the least, and I think, for reasons too many to account for here, especially hard on my Dad. He won't talk about it - he may spill a sentence here or there, but mostly we've been seeing his emotions in outbursts of frustration and anger - and sadly - mostly towards Nan.

But this weekend... I don't know - it just all changed.

When I think of any situation that involves multiple players, my personal visual connotation always evolves as a white void that has floating pods of grass and dirt where people stand. Each pod represents a different way of being, or thinking, or a "side" that you are on.

For our current environment - my father has been stuck on the same pod from the beginning till now - Anger and Frustration. In the beginning, he actually had some company, but as the months have passed by, most everyone in the family has fallen onto one of three other pods: that of Appreciative Laughter, Caring Manipulation, and Ever-lasting Patience. I myself have been skipping around on all three - with a few dips to visit Dad every now and then as his feeling isn't wrong, and we all get to the same place at points - it was just for him, it was lasting too long.

But this weekend - Dad magically appeared on Caring Manipulation with a hop and jump to Ever-lasting Patience here and there. It was so weird - but so... good.

So Dad - congratulations and awesome job. You changed, and it was amazing to see.

No comments: