Friday, December 11, 2009

Begin Again

Here’s the thing. It’s not that blogging baffles me, or confounds me, or makes me wig out, or does anything to make me want to avoid it. It just simply takes time that I never seem to be able to find, and therefore I stop blogging. And then – for that reason – I usually get inundated, by the digital-social world that I exist in, with an inordinate amount of comments about how I’m doing it all wrong. Phooey.

So – before I begin again – because that is what I am about to do – I guess I need to figure a few things out – and blogging about them seemed like the most appropriate thing to do.

1. I will blog when I blog.
Not every day. Not in sequence. Not covering absolutely everything. Not covering everything I take a photo of. I will simply blog… when I blog.

2. I will not feel guilty for only blogging when I blog.
My biggest regret is that writing – which usually brings me release and joy – will become tedious and difficult. Mundane and indifferent. Writing to write but not to write for myself.

3. I will write as I write.
I will not improve to some random stranger’s, or group of random strangers’, beliefs about what blogging should be. I will not change my blogging even at the imploring begs of friends. I will not update for the sake of updating. I will not write just about one topic. Nor just as a diary. Nor just as social media commentary. Nor just as a photo blog. I will simply write, as I write.

4. I will be content.
There is no best I am trying to reach – there is only difference, and more. The best that I can be is my everyday – and if it isn’t good enough for someone else – they should probably write their own.

5. I will re-find my 14-year-old self.
Simply because – it seems she was damned good writer – much better than the me that exists now.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Begin again.

No comments: