Thursday, September 18, 2008

omg...NKOTB!!!!

Okay... so the title was my only throwback to pre-teenage-dom - I promise not to get riled up anymore through the post. Hehehehe.

Anywho - tonight was a pretty awesome night - regardless of what anyone thinks, feels or has an opinion on by way of NKOTB.

My friend Chele, from With One L, bought our tickets months ago, and in fact was going to every show in this run of concerts they are doing in Toronto. She's a huge fan and was a great partner to enjoy the night with.

We started off the night by meeting up with a group of fellow fans that Chele had met online through a few forums and groups for fans. They were an amazingly excited and lively group, and it was fun to meet all the new people. Many had come from all over the United States since this was the very first concert on their tour.

We all had a good meal at the Firkin and many of the girls caught up, met each other for the first time, brought their husbands, and listened to the radio show that was playing that some of them had attended earlier in the week.

After - we then all headed to the concert together - our tickets were all scattered - and some people had amazing seats right in the front row - but all of us faired pretty well with our seating - and it hadn't cost that much at all.


I absolutely adored the boys when I was younger - I had only been about 12 or 13 - and my favourite had been (and still is) Joey Joe. You don't forget your "first loves" and he was definitely one of mine. I never really cared for the rest of the band as much - mine was all about Joe and the music.

And yeah - I can hear some of you readers groaning... but seriously - it may not have been for everyone - but their music back then was the life chorus of an entire generation, or two, of pre-teen and teenage girls.

The concert was an amazing reminiscence of those feelings from that time. Throughout the entire night - I was amazed at how easily I remembered all the lyrics and knew how each song went.

In addition - their new material proved amazing - and just as good as anything else being developed on the pop scene right now. Catchy tunes, simple lyrics dealing with emotions, and well - a bunch of guys that haven't held up too badly for a bunch of 40-year-olds.

The energy in the ACC was absolutely amazing - so powerful - and believe it or not - the place was sold out. I don't think I've ever been to either the ACC or Skydome and actually seen that play out. Not a single empty seat in the house.

The guys played up the fact that we were "all" now adults - and the show proved pretty hilarious at points - I don't think there's been any other gathering of so many 30-40 year old in one place ever.

Natasha Beddingefield opened the night, and we weren't allowed to bring any awesome cameras - so I was left with my shitty, old point and shoot. I really need to get a new one - the shots Chele got with hers were jsut as good as anything I could get with my SLR (if they had allowed me to bring it in). Mine however is a good deal too old and my pictures are akin to a drunken man's view of the concert. Ha!

Anyhow - I've spread some of the shots that I took through the blog - even though they're so awful. I also took a few videos. Pretty short clips but I'm probably not going to post them. Maybe later - who knows. :)

The night was good - and I'm glad I didn't miss out on it. So many memories brought back - and so many new ones to remember as well.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I'm glad you came to! Its nice to read about your experience and see your photos and remember the day.

And...it has to be said.

I love them. =D